Saturday, March 12, 2011

Doubles Tournament!

Last weekend I competed in a doubles tournament with a new partner, Jessica. We are still getting used to each others playing styles, add to that the fact that it was 34 degrees, around 8:30 in the morning, and out first time competing in A division, and I think it's safe to say that we probably weren't playing our best. This was proven by the fact that we lost our first match 8-0. This was pretty discouraging, but it put us in the consolation bracket where we won our next match 8-0. We then proceeded to win 8-1, then 8-2, and then in the (consolation) finals, we won 8-3. It was pretty exciting to win consolation since it was our first tournament together. I think that we will be able to do better next time, once we are more used to playing together. I am sad that I am not playing with Alex anymore (we won the B division doubles tournament last season,) but I'm am excited about getting to play some more with Jessica!

No comments: